The Delaware Riverkeeper Network as part of our For the Generations campaign is proud to announce our 2018 Summer Photo Contest focusing on Diversity in Nature. One of the chief tenets of the For The Generations movement is that nature is for all to enjoy, and to reflect this idea, photographs should capture scenes in which people from all walks of life interact with, share, and enjoy nature. The photo contest will run from Wednesday, June 6th and end appropriately on July 4th, Independence Day. To participate, photos should be posted to on the participant’s own Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram page using the hashtag #GreenAmendment. To be considered for a prize, a high resolution photo should be sent to email@example.com accompanied by a photorelease form.
For the Generations is a nation-wide initiative that aims to obtain and secure constitutional amendments in every state, protecting our right to a healthy environment, for the benefit of all people.
- The photo contest will run from Wednesday, June 6th to Wednesday, July 4th, 11:59 pm. Every Wednesday, a finalist will be selected from the pool of submissions of the preceding week. A Grand Prize winner will be selected out of the four finalists at the conclusion of the contest.
- Each entrant is limited 15 photographs per week.
- Photographs are NOT limited to the Delaware River Basin.
- Images must be submitted in JPEG, JPG, PNG, or TIFF format to be accepted. PDFs and RAW files will not be accepted. Photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible (at least 2048×2048 pixels and no more than 7360×7360), with each file not to exceed 20 megabytes in size.
- All photographs should accurately depict the scene as appears, with minimal adjustments.
- Minor photoprocessing is allowed (e.g. cropping/dust removal, HDR, sharpening, minor lighting and color adjustments).
- Photos cannot contain offensive, obscene, explicit, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate content. The Delaware Riverkeeper Network at its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entry.
- Photos cannot violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright and photographs of persons without the necessary consent required by law in your jurisdiction. The entrant is responsible for obtaining a legally enforceable waiver from any photographed subject.
- Photos cannot contain watermarks, author’s name, or signature.
- To participate, participants should post their photo on their own Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram page using the hashtag #GreenAmendment. However, to be considered for a prize, participants must email the final, high resolution photo to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by a photorelease form.
- Each entry should contain a title and brief description or caption of the photograph.
- Submissions must be received by Wednesday, 11:59pm, to be considered for that week’s contest.
Photographs will be judged by the Delaware Riverkeeper Network staff based on creativity, composition, substance, and overall artistic merit. The Delaware Riverkeeper Network reserves the right to reject any entry.
Weekly Prize Winner:
A new finalist will be selected each Wednesday. The winner of each weekly contest will receive a personally autographed copy of The Green Amendment from the Delaware Riverkeeper, Maya van Rossum.
The Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the pool of finalists. The Grand Prize Winner will receive.
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network stainless steel mug
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network logo t-shirt
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network canvas tote bag
- Remember the River pin
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network pen
- Delaware Riverkeeper Network colorful fish prints
- A Taylor Oughton autographed, numbered print