Green Amendment Coordinator
Green Amendments For the Generations (GAFTG) is a grassroots, national nonprofit working to secure passage of Green Amendments—constitutional Bill of Rights provisions that protect rights to pure water, clean air, a stable climate, and a healthy environment as inalienable rights on legal par with our rights to free speech, due process, and freedom of religion—across the nation, state by state. GAFTG is seeking a Green Amendment Coordinator to provide high level support for the founder and leader of the organization.
GAFTG works with communities to inspire and support passage of Green Amendments and to ensure their strong and meaningful implementation. GAFTG works at both the grassroots and the legislative level to advance Green Amendments.
Responsibilities: The time and responsibilities for the Green Amendment Coordinator will include support of the Green Amendment initiative, including:
- conducting policy research,
- helping to craft, proof, and/or distribute educational materials and social media content,
- supporting outreach to community groups and decisionmakers,
- organizing and publicizing educational events and webinars;
- providing event support at talks and programs,
- helping to build and maintain community relationships,
- working strategically to help raise the profile of and increase public awareness of the Green Amendment movement and to help grow the organization,
- and assisting in identifying and securing funding to build the organization.
The position will support work across a broad range of activities and state initiatives undertaken by the organization.
Qualifications: Candidates for the Green Amendment Coordinator position should be highly organized, environmentally aware, hard-working, dedicated and reliable. The qualified candidate will possess:
- Relevant degree
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated interest in the environment and a background in environmental studies, policy, or a related field
- Interest and willingness to undertake all levels of administrative, program, and both basic and high level support tasks that will be asked of them;
- Good time-management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; anticipate basic and high level needs; identify steps necessary to accomplish assigned tasks; and move projects forward to successful completion in support of and on behalf of the founder and leader of GAFTG; and excellent problem solving skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, social media and Internet research.
Terms of Employment & Salary:
The position will be full time and will include regular travel throughout the country as well as regular work in our main office located in Bristol, Bucks County, PA. Access to reliable transportation is essential. Some evening and weekend work required.
We offer compensation on a public interest scale commensurate with experience including an excellent benefits package. Salary range $35,000.
How to apply: The Green Amendment Coordinator position is open August 1, 2019, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please email a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three references, at least one writing sample and other pertinent information to the attention of GAFTG@forthegenerations.org. Subject line should read: Coordinator Application. No telephone calls please. If you prefer to mail your materials the organization address is Green Amendments For the Generations, c/o Delaware Riverkeeper Network 925 Canal St., Suite 3701, Bristol, PA 19007.
The Delaware Riverkeeper Network is an equal opportunity employer.